updated website.

Well it does to the people who post here... dispassionate and reasoned debate, with a good deal of humour thrown in for good measure.

Moderators: Dom Perignon, Casimir

musicus

Re: updated website.

Post by musicus »

I like it too.

A tip for users of the Safari browser: refreshing the pages will bring up the new ones, but if the old ones persist in rearing their heads, use "Empty Cache..." on the Safari main menu (but read the warning dialogue first!).

One more thing: the image links on the 2006 & 2007 Summer School reports aren't working for me (but where they do - e.g. SS2008 - they really enliven the page. Let's have more pictures!).
musicus - moderator, Liturgy Matters
blog
VML
Parish / Diocese: Clifton Diocese

Post by VML »

Better and better. PtL is for people like me too lazy to go and open the magazine copy, :wink: ..particularly when time is short and things are getting desperate!
docmattc
Parish / Diocese: Westminster

Post by docmattc »

musicus wrote:One more thing: the image links on the 2006 & 2007 Summer School reports aren't working for me (but where they do - e.g. SS2008 - they really enliven the page. Let's have more pictures!).

2006 and 2007 are 'legacy entries' (ie brought over from the old site) where as 2008 was made fresh (in the early hours of this morning) I'll have a look tonight and see what the problem is.
quaeritor

Post by quaeritor »

admin wrote:Armed with my lamp and canary... this is now fixed.

So 'tis! - but I had to use that "refresh" trick again - must remember that for other sites.

The things you learn!

Q
Gwyn
Parish / Diocese: Archdiocese of Cardiff

Post by Gwyn »

Grand stuff (or should that be staff?).
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

docmattc wrote:
musicus wrote:One more thing: the image links on the 2006 & 2007 Summer School reports aren't working for me (but where they do - e.g. SS2008 - they really enliven the page. Let's have more pictures!).

2006 and 2007 are 'legacy entries' (ie brought over from the old site) where as 2008 was made fresh (in the early hours of this morning) I'll have a look tonight and see what the problem is.

My guess is that the hyperlink points to the old images folder, which I removed as part of the changes. I'll find the images from the backup I took, just in case of such an eventuality! :roll:
The Management
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

image now restored. Thanks for letting me know!
The Management
musicus

Post by musicus »

I have split the useful discussion about selected links off to a new thread.

Please continue to post your observations and opinions about our website's makeover in this thread. It is particularly helpful to hear about things that are not working properly.
musicus - moderator, Liturgy Matters
blog
Southern Comfort

Post by Southern Comfort »

musicus wrote:I have split the useful discussion about selected links off to a new thread.

Please continue to post your observations and opinions about our website's makeover in this thread. It is particularly helpful to hear about things that are not working properly.

Thank you for the split-off thread ─ very useful.

On the Preparing the Liturgy page, the top five links down the l.h. side are working while the remaining five give 'page not found on this server'.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Southern Comfort wrote:On the Preparing the Liturgy page, the top five links down the l.h. side are working while the remaining five give 'page not found on this server'.

Thanks - now fixed.
The Management
Southern Comfort

This isn't exactly a glitch, but there doesn't seem to be any way of contacting the Composers' Forum from its page. (Yes, I have Thomas Muir's e-mail address, but most people won't have.)
presbyter
Parish / Diocese: youknowalready

Post by presbyter »

Southern Comfort wrote:This isn't exactly a glitch, but there doesn't seem to be any way of contacting the Composers' Forum from its page.

I second that. I am also wondering why the download music link on the page gets us to settings of the Glory to God - nice as they are - that will soon be redundant. (No. I am not expecting "freebies" of settings of the revised text of the Glory, or any other part of the Mass.)
docmattc

Post by docmattc »

Southern Comfort wrote:This isn't exactly a glitch, but there doesn't seem to be any way of contacting the Composers' Forum from its page. (Yes, I have Thomas Muir's e-mail address, but most people won't have.)

On the page I just looked at, there was both the composers' group email add and a form to fill in to make contact via the website.

presbyter wrote:I am also wondering why the download music link on the page gets us to settings of the Glory to God - nice as they are - that will soon be redundant. (No. I am not expecting "freebies" of settings of the revised text of the Glory, or any other part of the Mass.)

That's because it links to pages within the forum, and those Glorias were uploaded 6 years ago. By convention, we maintain forum posts 'live' as an archive. 'The management' can discuss whether we should remove posts which are older than 'x' if you would prefer that.
Southern Comfort

docmattc wrote:On the page I just looked at, there was both the composers' group email add and a form to fill in to make contact via the website.

This is the page I am getting when I click on Composers, and I assume presbyter is getting the same one too. No sign-up there that I can see.
docmattc

Post by docmattc »

Eyes left people! You need to look for extra menu items appearing as you navigate round the new site.

There are extra sub-menus which appear under 'Composers group' on the CG page cf the homepage. One of them is 'Contact us'. That is the link to the page which gives contact info.