Music for Download?

Interested in writing music for the Liturgy?
Talk about it here!

Moderator: PaulW

Merseysider

Music for Download?

Post by Merseysider »

Great addition to the site and the first two published pieces similarly excellent.

Will this ever accept submissions from people who are not members of the composers' group, cannot attend meetings or are not composers? There could be some great pieces out there which will otherwise not be used outside the communities for which they were written.
Vox Americana

Post by Vox Americana »

I agree! Both are good settings and I'm sure the people in my parish will enjoy singing them.

I can't see why SSG shouldn't have a place for pieces from elsewhere other than the composers' group - it is a mighty bit hard to justify the expense of flying over for the meetings! Why not have a 'virtual' meeting here on the forum?
sidvicius

...website...live...transmissions...share...price...rockets.

Post by sidvicius »

Now there's an idea - maybe there is a way of making composers' meetings available on the website by using a webcam with a (good) microphone? The only bit I'm not sure about is the connection, as the CG has a roving brief.

But wow - a live webcast, "...brought to you live from St Polycarp's..." - wouldn't that be something...might need to slip the webwiz' a few quid though...
admin
Site Admin

Re: ...website...live...transmissions...share...price...rock

Post by admin »

sidvicius wrote:might need to slip the webwiz' a few quid though...
Now you're talking! :D
The Management
VML
Parish / Diocese: Clifton Diocese

Post by VML »

If music can only be submitted for possible download via CG meetings, what about music that has already been presented at previous meetings?

Of the two pieces online so far, at least one has obviously not been presented at the most recent meetings.

It's a very useful system if it can be made to work, and I don't underestimate the time and effort involved. Thanks to those putting in the hours.
ssgcgs

Post by ssgcgs »

The music presented dates back to meetings from the end of 2000 onwards (let's call it New Millennium Music). Before that, Composers' Group music was represented in print in the Music Supplement of Music and Liturgy. 2000 also saw the publication of Baptised with Fire, which also featured Composers' Group music.

Martin Barry's Gloria has been presented since 2000, even though it was written much earlier. Other pieces presented since then are up for consideration.

Thank-you for your patience. There is another piece in the pipeline. Of course, the more interest shown in existing downloads, the more incentive for uploading more.

CG Sec
Do it live at a Composers' Group meeting!
VML
Parish / Diocese: Clifton Diocese

Post by VML »

Do it live, you say, at a CG meeting: - I did! :wink:
Merseysider

Post by Merseysider »

Please remove.