To Heaven's Door: The Music of Faith

Interested in writing music for the Liturgy?
Talk about it here!

Moderator: PaulW

John Ainslie

To Heaven's Door: The Music of Faith

Post by John Ainslie »

I have been asked, presumably as SSG's Westminster diocesan rep, to bring this free event to your attention. It was advertised in the Tablet last weekend.

Its advertisement says:

If I travel in your company, you know the way to heaven's door.
George Herbert, Church Music

Music can give voice to our deepest feelings of joy and sorrow, and for many it's through music that we come closest to a sense of the divine.

In reflection and conversation, theologian Timothy Radcliffe and musician Andrew Carwood will explore some of the ways music can illuminate our lives, our experience of God, and the mystery and beauty of faith.

Timothy Radcliffe OP is one of the best-loved Christian spiritual teachers of our time. His bestselling books include Sing a New Song: The Christian Vocation and What's the Point of Being a Christian?

Andrew Carwood is an internationally renowned singer and conductor, the Founder-Director of the award-winning ensemble The Cardinall's Musick, and Director of Music at St Paul's Cathedral.

The evening will include live music and time for questions and answers.

For more details and how to register for free places, visit http://www.stpaulscathedral.org.uk/forum
blackthorn fairy
Parish / Diocese: Our Lady of the Sacred Heart Wellingborough Northamptonshire

Re: To Heaven's Door: The Music of Faith

Post by blackthorn fairy »

That looks absolutely marvellous! What a pity I am otherwise occupied that day (work etc) - chiz curses.
High Peak
Parish / Diocese: Diocese of Nottingham

Post by High Peak »

Oops - posted in wrong thread.
JW

Post by JW »

Knock, knock, knockin' on heaven's door!
JW