Join the Society of Saint Gregory today!
You can join as a new member or renew your existing subscription online using our secure ordering system. Scroll down for information about different membership options and links for purchasing.
Who is the Society for?
Choir directors, Singers,
Priests, Deacons, Religious,
Readers, Extraordinary Ministers,
– in fact, anyone involved in music and liturgy, including the worshipper in the pew!
Share the experience and expertise of others involved in music and liturgy, and learn from stimulating articles, discussion, workshops and events. Planning music and liturgy doesn’t need to be a lonely business – get support and encouragement from like-minded people.
Receive the thrice-yearly journal of the Society, Music and Liturgy, and reduced rates for our Summer School and other events.
Type of Membership
You can join the Society as an individual member and in addition, we now also offer a Group subscription which can provide multiple copies of the Journal for your musicians, readers, parish priest or others with an interest in music and liturgy. See below for more details about Group subscription.
Subscription for individuals is available at different rates as shown below. All individual members receive a copy of the Music and Liturgy journal three times a year and are also entitled to a special member’s rate for the Summer School. If you would prefer to apply by post, download an application form here.
- For members with a UK postal address
- A reduced rate for students or senior citizens (UK postal addresses only)
- For members with a postal address in Europe
- For members with postal address other than UK or Europe
Do you belong to a parish or college/school group? You can now take out Group Membership of the Society of Saint Gregory at special rates.
Then you can distribute the copies between your priest(s), MC, readers, musicians – each of whom can benefit from reading the articles and having time to reflect on them and re-read them without the hassle of having to pass on the copy to someone else.
And each will benefit from consulting the parts of the ‘Preparing the Liturgy’ section that are important for their particular liturgical ministry:
- priests can consider the options available in the Missal for the season or Sunday
- readers can read the commentary on their readings to help them to proclaim them
- those preparing the intercessions (Prayer of the Faithful) can consider the suggestions provided
- musicians responsible for the choice of liturgical music can consult the listings of appropriate hymns, songs and settings of liturgical texts
Group membership includes entitlement to one place at Summer School at the reduced rate for members. It entitles the named contact to vote at the Society’s Annual General Meeting.
All copies of the journal will be sent to one UK address.
If you would prefer to apply by post, download an application form here.
Are you already an individual member involved in a parish or group and wish to upgrade to Group Membership? Contact the membership secretary at email@example.com for a special quote.
Dom Bernard McElligott founder the Society in 1929. The Fund in his name was established to assist SSG members who are students, unwaged or otherwise in need to attend the annual Summer School. Please support our work by making a donation to this fund and adding it to your payment details.